The Truth About Zits.
Acne treatments are a billion dollar industry. I don't care what you've heard in the past or what the doctor told you. Acne breakouts are inflammations on your skin, which is the body's largest organ. Acne (just like other skin conditions like rashes or eczema) is the way your body tells you something is out of balance. Trust me, when I am home watching Netflix, working in my garden, playing at the beach, taking naps…I'm not getting zits. It's when I am traveling the world, sleeping 3 hours a night, and eating Burger King because it's the only thing open in the airport at 4am.
The causes of zits are:
-Lack of sleep
-Lack of exercise
-Genetics (runs in your family)
Some people will waltz through life without a single whitehead, and others are just extra sensitive to these triggers. Boo-hoo, right? Wrong. You will be all-the-more healthy for it. Your body is communicating something's wrong, and if you can heal the problem, then every other organ in your body will benefit. Long and healthy life!
So think of all the pain and agony that acne causes you and make lifestyle changes ASAP. There will be times when you can't resist the doughnut, can't get sleep, or can't seem to fight the stress - and you might get a zit! You can win the war with my "overnight" treatment below:
1) Wash your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser, pat dry with a towel
2) Steady, gentle pressure, queeze the white stuff out, using two pointer fingers covered in kleenex
3) Wash the area again, gently pat dry with a towel
4) After letting your skin air dry for 2 minutes, apply moisturizer all over and Aveeno Hydrocortizone Cream to the spot
In the Morning:
5) Wash your face with warm water, gently pat dry with a towel
6) Let your skin air dry for 2 minutes. Lightly tap the blemish. Does it feel slightly sensitive/stinging? If so, apply moisturizer and a thin layer of Clean & Clear Benzoyl Peroxide to the spot.
*If it doesn't sting, you should have a dry patch of skin covering the old blemish. Do not peel it off. It's a shield covering your healing skin underneath. When it's ready to come off, you will see the edges flake up. Until then, douse it with moisturizer to help it heal!
7) Gently tap concealer on top, then tap a bit of powder.
Repeat every night until the zit clears. Sometimes, only TIME can heal! Drink lots of water! And remember, I love you! This bish below has never had a zit in her life, btw. LOL